The NPLD Think Tank is made up of seven member organisations from the NPLD. The organisations represent Wales, Catalonia, the Basque Country, Corsica, Galicia, Friesland and Finland.
Vicent Climent Ferrando, is the Think Tank's Executive Secretary for the 2011-2014 period.
The Think Tank will deal with, inter alia:
- Policy of European Institutions regarding RMLs
- International Research: discussing of findings, and implementation
- A shared, relevant agenda for future Research
- It shall function as the Quality Assurance Group for NPLD
- It will function as a Horizon Scanning, Trend Monitoring and Blue Sky Thinking Group for policy and interventions to foster linguistic diversity
- It will liaise with other think tanks, e.g. Magma
- It will respond to relevant European Consultations on CRSS/Multilingualism
- It will receive and discuss reports on new/innovative policy interventions/legislation/policies on CRSS languages in relevant regions
- Issues of assistance for, in particular, CRSS languages with fewer than 100,000 speakers.