NPLD is an international non-profit organisation registered in Brussels (Belgium). Its members ratified the current Network’s Statutes at the General Assembly meeting held in May 2016 in Bilbao. According to them, the governing bodies of the Network are the following:
- the General Assembly (GA), composed by all NPLD members;
- the Steering Committee (SC), composed by all full members and associate members in 1/3. The SC meets twice a year and its members are in charge of the preparation of the working programme, financial management, engaging personnel and examination of new memberships;
- the Chair’s Committee (CC), consisting of a Chair and two Vice Chairs, who are responsible for assisting the Chair on all matters relating to the management of NPLD. The CC meets three times a year and makes sure that the actions agreed by the GA and the SC are successfully undertaken.
Roles within the Network:
The Chair’s Committee members:
- Miquel Àngel Sureda Massanet (in the middle on the above picture) is the regional secretary for University, Research and Language Policy in the Government of the Balearic Islands (Spain). He was elected NPLD’s Chair for a 3-year term in May 2022. As Chair, his main responsibility is the strategic direction of the Network in discussion with the Chairs’ Committee.
- Anna Jungner-Nordgren is the Senior Advisor at Folktinget, the Swedish Assembly of Finlandand was elected as Vice Chair in November 2021. She will therefore be in post until 2023.
- Tríona Ní Mhathúna is Assistant Principal with extensive experience in the public service at the Irish Government. She was elected as Vice Chair in May 2022 for a 2-year term.
The NPLD Secretariat:
Vicent Fenollar i Sastre, NPLD’s Policy and Outreach Manager. Based in Brussels, Vicent is responsible for NPLD relations with the EU institutions and monitoring policy developments at the EU level on multilingualism.
Sara García García, NPLD’s Administration and Finance Officer. Based in Brussels, Sara is responsible for the administrative and financial aspects of the Network as well as the communication functions.