Name of organisation
Xarxa Vives d'Universitats | Vives University Network
Type of Organisation
Short note on organisation background
Xarxa Vives is a non-profit organisation that represents and coordinates the joint higher education, research and cultural work of 22 universities from 4 European countries. Since 1994, it has provided a platform that runs services for universities, public and private bodies and social organisations with the aim of contributing to the process of the economic and social construction and development of the European Mediterranean cross-border university region.
• 22 universities from 4 countries in the European Mediterranean area: Andorra, Spain, France and Italy.
• A single platform that brings together public and private bodies in this cross-border area.
• A broad range of innovative, shared quality services that goes beyond the philosophy of institutional representation developed by other organisations.
• A bridge providing international reach.
• A university community made up of 500,000 students, 40,000 teaching and research staff and 10,000 administrative and service personnel.
• 12 university science and technology parks, setting a benchmark for Europe and the world.
• An ‘active’ group of around 300 members of the management teams of the member universities and hundreds of lecturers and technical staff who participate daily in the development of programmes and services of common interest.
The work performed by the network provides benefits for the university community and society with full guarantees of qualified experience and the utmost commitment.
To be the leading network for joint action and the platform for development of shared strategies by universities in the area comprising societies with Catalan culture and language, spread throughout the Pyrenees and Mediterranean region.
Xarxa Vives d’Universitats promotes the cohesion of the university community and strengthens the reach and impact of universities on society. Xarxa Vives d’Universitats performs its mission:
• Through a coordinated, shared working system, based on equity between its members, quality and service.
• By formulating joint proposals by universities and facilitating their inclusion in the social and political agenda of each administrative context.
• By contributing to further strengthening higher education and research.
Ignasi Casadesús i Olucha, executive secretary, Xarxa Vives d’Universitats
E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Edifici Àgora -local 10
Universitat Jaume I
12006 Castelló de la Plana (Spain)